Welcome to the UCO's Policies and Procedures webpage!
UCO policies and procedures are developed to promote and support student achievement and to enhance and promote operational efficiencies at the UCO. Ensuring that appropriate policies and procedures are in place directly impacts on maintaining academic standards and quality assurance and enhancement at the UCO. They provide students and staff with clear processes to follow and ensure that actions and decisions are considered by appropriate individuals in a consistent and responsible way.
If you have any questions about the published policies please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click on the links below to access the policies applicable to you.
- General (applicable to both Students and Staff)
- Students (applicable to Students only)
- Staff (applicable to Staff only)
This is also where we publish our Privacy Notices (public statements of how we apply data protection principles to processing data in compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection Act 2018). Please click on the links below to view the relevant Privacy Notices:
- Prospective & Current Students Privacy Notice
- Prospective & Current Employee Privacy Notice
- Patient Privacy Notice
- Supporters, Fundraisers & Alumni Privacy Notice
Student Terms & Conditions
Please click on the link below to view our Student Terms and Conditions which are applicable to prospective and current students. These set out in detail the terms and conditions under which students will study with us (effective from August 2018).
General Policies and Procedures (applicable to both students & staff)
- Our "Dignity at the UCO Policy" is about providing a safe and comfortable environment free from all forms of discrimination, bullying, harassment and victimisation and to treat each other with dignity and respect.
- The UCO has adopted the IHRA Working Definition of Antisemitsm and does not tolerate discrimination, bullying, victimisation or harassment of any kind.
- DBS Policy & Procedure - DBS Application Form Guidance
- DBS Policy & Procedure - DBS Declaration Form
- DBS Policy & Procedure - DBS Risk Assessment Procedures
- DBS Policy & Procedure - DBS Risk Assessment Form
- External Speaker Policy - External Speaker Request Form
- External Speaker Policy - External Speaker Risk Assessment Checklist
- Records & Information Retention Schedule - Available on Request
Student Policies and Procedures (applicable to students only)
- Complaints Policy & Procedures - Stage 2 Formal Complaint Form
- Complaints Policy & Procedures - Stage 3 Supplementary Paper 1
- Suspension of Studies & Withdrawal Policy - Suspension of Studies Form
- Suspension of Studies & Withdrawal Policy - Withdrawal from Studies Form
Staff Policies and Procedures (applicable to staff only)
- Data Assurance Policy Appendix 1 - Data Assurance Report Form
- Data Assurance Policy Appendix 2 - Data Assurance Statutory Return Form
- Procedure for Developing & Reviewing UCO Policies, Procedures & Regulations - Policy Template
- Procedure for Developing & Reviewing UCO Policies, Procedures & Regulations - Checklist
- Remuneration Policy & Procedure - Application Form for Scale Point Increase
- Remuneration Policy & Procedure - Application Form for Grade Review
- Staff Induction Procedure - HR Induction Checklist
- Staff Induction Procedure - Line Manager Induction Checklist