The University College of Osteopathy’s purpose and mission is to:
“Continually provide the highest quality education and research for all and the very best care, for each patient, on every occasion".
“By 2027, the University College of Osteopathy will be an internationally recognised university for both education and research in osteopathy and associated health care subjects; a vibrant community of staff and students keen to explore and exploit new ideas and challenge existing views, whose work will positively influence the quality of health care and shape future clinical practice locally, nationally and internationally.”
The values and conduct to which we aspire, and that we wish to foster and sustain are as follows:
- Students and patients will always come first
- A culture of critical enquiry, scholarship and research
- A respect for the heritage and values of osteopathy
- A respect for creativity and innovation
- A respect for equal opportunities
- A celebration of diversity
- A culture of openness and honesty
- A culture of collaboration and teamwork
- A desire for environmental sustainability
- Enhancing our stature, reputation and influence – being an institution of preference for a wider range of students, staff and partners.
- Sustainability - Achieving growth and a step change in performance
- Pursuing an excellence agenda