Steven Vogel, UCO Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research) has jointly authored the latest revision of the IFOMPT's international framework on the assessment and management of individuals with neck and head pain and dysfunction.
The framework document, officially titled the International Framework for Examination of the Cervical Region for potential of vascular pathologies of the neck prior to Orthopaedic Manual Therapy (OMT) Intervention, is intended as a resource for clinicians and was first published in 2012.
This revision draws upon the latest evidence and clinical reasoning and adopts terminology from the International Classification for Patient Safety.
Published by the International Federation of Orthopaedic Manipulative Physical Therapists Incorporated (IFOMPT), the revised framework is a consensus document co-authored by:
- Rushton, A. - School of Physical Therapy, Western University, Canada
- Carlesso, L.C. - School of Rehabilitation Science, McMaster University, Canada
- Flynn, T. - School of Physical Therapy, South College, Knoxville, USA
- Hing, W.A. - Faculty of Health Sciences and Medicine, Bond University, Australia
- Kerry, R. - Division of Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation Sciences, University of Nottingham, UK
- Rubinstein, S.M. - Department of Health Sciences and Amsterdam Public Health Research institute, Vrije Universiteit, The Netherlands
- Vogel, S. - Research Centre, University College of Osteopathy, UK
The framework is now freely available from IFOMPT.