UCO Graduation ceremony took place at the Methodist Central Hall Westminster on 26 November, where staff, students, friends, family and esteemed guests gathered to celebrate the successes and achievements of our graduates.
New Chair of the Board Professor Janusz Jankowski welcomed UCO Chancellor HRH The Princess Royal, graduands, award winners and guests, followed by a welcome from UCO Vice-Chancellor Charles Hunt. Graduands then took to the stage to receive their awards from Her Royal Highness in front of proud family and friends.
In addition to the academic awards, the UCO gives out a number of prizes during graduation each year, in recognition of students’ exceptional performance and commitment to their studies. Sabrina Arnulf, David Donne and Camille Fournier were all awarded Silver Medals for Academic Excellence; Sophie Vivian was awarded the Sven Svenson Bursary; Jessica Brown and David Thorburn both received the RK Hardy Prize for Best Performance in Dissertation; Camille Fournier received the LM Naidoo Prize for Practical Osteopathic Skills, and Maxi Schoenteich was presented with the Vice-Chancellor’s Prize for Clinical Excellence.
Other prize winners were as follows:
- Access to HE Diploma Prize – Billy Aylmore
- Master of Osteopathy Full-time First Year Prize – Eleanor Leyden Dunbar
- Master of Osteopathy Full-time Second Year Prize – Luke Cottam
- Master of Osteopathy Full-time Third Year Prize – Meghan Reed
- Master of Osteopathy Part-time First Year Prize – Jacob Klasse
- Master of Osteopathy Part-time Second Year Prize – Elodie Frati
- Master of Osteopathy Part-time Third Year Prize – Arkaitz Soria Pereiro
- Master of Osteopathy Part-time Fourth Year Prize – Sophie Vivian
- Bachelor of Science with Honours in Osteopathic Sciences Prize – Samuele Dognini
- Master of Science in Osteopathy (Pre-Registration) First Year Prize – Francesca Serraggiotto
- Master of Science in Osteopathy (Pre-Registration) Second Year Prize – Audrey Buot
- Postgraduate Certificate in Animal Osteopathy Prize – Sara Veronica Farina
- Postgraduate Certificate in Academic and Clinical Education Prize – Jonathan Paul Spadaccini
- Postgraduate Certificate in Specialist Paediatric Osteopathic Practice Prize – Nicola Tottenham
Silver Medal winner David Donne addressed the audience on behalf of the student body. He said:
“Finally, we are osteopaths, we are in the position to positively influence the health of many people for the years ahead of us. Whilst it has been five years of extremely hard work, we are extremely grateful for the opportunity to serve our communities enhancing the wellbeing of many. We should all be very proud of making it to graduation, however this is nothing compared to the adventure we have ahead of us enhancing the lives of our patients across the nation and beyond.”
This year, for the first time, colleagues and graduating students joined us from partner institution Accademia Italiana Medicina Osteopatica (AIMO) from Saronno, Italy. The event was brought to a close by Vice-Chancellor Charles Hunt who invited Her Royal Highness, graduates and guests to join the post-ceremony reception.
Congratulations to the Class of 2019 and award winners on your achievements and best wishes with your future careers!
- We have a selection of photographs from graduation which can be downloaded from our Flickr page
- Were you at the event? Share your graduation photos with us on Twitter @UCOLondon and Instagram @officialUCO, using #UCOGrad
- Inspired to join the UCO? Browse our courses and visit us at one of our Open Days