On Thursday 24 November the UCO held its annual graduation ceremony at Bridge Theatre, SE1.
It was a fantastic day, providing an opportunity for the Class of 2022 to celebrate the culmination of their studies with family, friends, colleagues and staff at the UCO. It was held in a stunning new venue against the backdrop of Lonodn's iconic Tower Bridge.
The day was attended by over 500 guests, many of whom had travelled from overseas to join the celebrations. The Mayor of Southwark, Councillor Sunil Chopra was also in attendance.
Charles Hunt,Vice-Chancellor of the UCO, said:
"Graduation is always one of the highlights of the year and this year's ceremony was no exception. It is lovely to catch up with our graduates and find out how they have been getting on since their time with us, and to meet and celebrate with so many of their family and friends. All of our graduates have worked incredibly hard to get to this point and we look forward to seeing what the future holds for them."
In addition to the presentation of awards, a number graduates and current students were recognised with prizes for exceptional performance.
Laura Forrest collected the Silver Medal for Academic Excellence and the Gold Medal for Outstanding Contribution. She addressed the assembled guests during the ceremony and said:
"When we first started I remember being warned that the level of learning and expectation would be high and the level of personal reflection would trigger introspection and emotions perhaps not experienced before. But we’ve not just survived, I think we’ve thrived given the circumstances. We’ve invested in ourselves for the future, so should pat ourselves on the back and enjoy the fact the hard work has paid off. Congratulations UCO class of 2022."
The full list of prizewinners is as follows:
- Gold Medal for Outstanding Contribution - Laura Forrest
- Silver Medal for Academic Excellence - Laura Forrest and Paula Andrade
- RK Hardy Prize for Best Dissertation - Mollie Tappenden
- LM Naidoo Prize for Practical Osteopathic Skills - Paula Andrade
- Grey Svenson Bursary - Emily Horsley
- Vice-Chancellors Prize for Clinical Excellence - Raphaelle Levy
- Postgraduate Certificate in Specialist Paediatric Osteopathic Education Prize - Melissa Thorpe
- Master of Science in Osteopathy (Pre-Registration) First Year Prize - Stephanie Horsted
- Master of Osteopathy Full-time Third Year Prize - Emily Horsley
- Master of Osteopathy Full-time Second Year Prize - Romy Settbon Moore
- Master of Osteopathy Full-time First Year Prize - Oresztesz Szantai
- Master of Osteopathy Part-time Fourth Year Prize - Claire Massey
- Master of Osteopathy Part-time Third Year Prize - Chelsea Rixson
- Master of Osteopathy Part-time Second Year Prize - Rachel Raymond
- Master of Osteopathy Part-time First Year Prize - Courtney Wheeler
- Master of Science in Osteopathic Medicine Distinction Prize - Alessandra Beretta
- Master of Science in Osteopathic Medicine Overall Prize - Alberto Ferrero
- Master of Science in Osteopathic Medicine Clinic Prize - Alessandra Beretta
- Master of Science in Osteopathic Medicine Research Prize - Anna Morisi
- Access to HE Diploma Prize - Charlotte Kelly
Our thanks to everyone who attended the event and made it such a special day. We wish all our graduates the best of luck with their careers and look forward to you returning and sharing your experiences with us!
A small selection of photographs can be viewed below. To view all photographs from this year's ceremony can be viewed on our Flickr page
Inspired to join the UCO? Browse our courses and visit us at one of our Open Days