Students have access to a range of resources to support their learning experience.
Our Central London teaching clinic is the jewel in our crown, providing our students with access to a professional clinic environment serving a wide range of patient groups without the need to organise external clinic placements. The UCO Clinic's central London location attracts a diverse patient population and is a 5 minute walk from our teaching site.
Access to our clinic begins from year one, with students progressing to managing their own patient lists in the final two years of their course. Students also have opportunities to work in our specialist and community clinics which currently include:
- Paediatric clinic: serving babies and children up to the age of 17.
- 1st Place clinic: community-based children's clinic for patients aged 0-5.
- Blanchard and Royal Free clinics: providing osteopathic treatment for people living with HIV.
- Blackfriars Clinic: dedicated care in the community for patients who are 55 and over.
- East Street Clinic: bsed in an NHS GP surgery
- Blanchard and Royal Free Hospital clinics: providing osteopathic treatment to people living with HIV.
- Sports Injuries: Our Sports Clinic is dedicated to the treatment of sports and fitness injuries.
- T-Flex Clinic: Our T-Flex clinic is the first of its kind, providing specialised musculo-skeletal care for transgender and non-binary adults.
- Woman’s Health and Expectant Mothers clinic: supporting women of all ages and life stages, from puberty to pregnancy, post-partum, the menopause and beyond.
Learning Exchange opportunities
Our exchange programme offers students the opportunity to immerse themselves in a clinical and teaching setting, expanding their knowledge of Osteopathy and other healthcare professions. Students will have the chance to:
- Gain valuable insights and explore the world of osteopathy and healthcare through various perspectives.
- Learn from diverse educational styles and techniques, broadening their understanding of effective learning methodologies.
- Foster interprofessional collaboration skills, an essential skill in the healthcare field.
- Gain exposure to international perspectives, offering a unique global outlook on healthcare practices.
- Enhance their CV, making them more marketable and increasing their future employment opportunities.
Our current Learning Exchange partners
- IdHEO (France – Nantes), Institut des Hautes Etudes Ostéopathiques
- AIMO (Italy – Saronno), Accademia Italiana di Medicina Osteopatic
- CEESO (France – Paris), Centre Européen d’Enseignement Supérieur de l’Ostéopathie UK:
- NCA (UK, York), Northern College of Acupuncture
- OCA (UK, Oxfordshire), The Osteopathic Centre for Animals
- AECC University College (UK, Bournemouth)
- CICM (UK, Reading), College of Integrated Chinese Medicine
Learning Exchange opportunities with each institution may be subject to change. We are currently engaged in discussions with esteemed institutions in both Australia and America. Our aim is to include them as valuable participants in our Learning Exchange options in the near future.
Teaching and learning facilities
Our teaching site has a range of facilities to support students in their studies including our Learning Hub, which has an extensive library of books, journals and anatomical models, and is home to our Learning Support Advisors.
Our lecture theatre and teaching spaces have been fitted with high-tech audio-visual equipment; and we have recently invested in a virtual reality suite and a recording lab to support teaching and learning.
Students also have access to technique practice rooms and spaces for independant and group study.
Our onsite student bar provides a space for students to socialise and unwind and is also home to parties and other events organised by our Students' Union.