The UCO is at the forefront of Continuing Professional Development education for osteopaths and welcomes participants from other professions.
We pride ourselves on the quality and diversity of our CPD programme and the speakers who deliver our CPD, and our delegates consistently provide us with excellent feedback.
Our courses are designed so that participants can incorporate what they have learned directly into their daily practice. We use research evidence, peer-to-peer sharing, and practical experience to uphold standards and support the refreshment and extension of core skills.
Our vision is to provide a programme of CPD courses that are:
- high-quality, topical, evidence-based and provided by experts from a range of professional backgrounds
- open to professionals in and outside the UK using a variety of formats including face-to-face and multimedia
- in line with the regulatory expectations for continuing professional development
- informed by contemporary teaching approaches and include practical and experiential learning
- informed by the feedback we receive from our participants
Supporting the Osteopathy profession through COVID-19
Many of our regular CPD events scheduled for the next few months have been rescheduled to later next year as clearly delivering face-to-face courses is currently not possible. We recognise that currently osteopaths and other allied healthcare practitioners are experiencing significant financial difficulties. The UCO has decided to support them accessing full CPD courses from September by offering payments in two 50% instalments (up to 6 weeks prior to the course). The first payment is processed on Eventbrite when you book your place, and for the second one, the UCO finance team will contact you a couple of weeks before the course. The CPD team has also put together a series of free or accessible one-hour evidence-based webinars bearing in mind that many osteopaths have time on their hands that they could use to complete some valuable CPD hours without necessarily having the available finances to pay for expensive courses. Many of these have been focussed on ensuring osteopaths who want to continue to deliver online consultations have the skills to do so together with ways of providing evidence-based rehabilitation exercises to assist patients to better help themselves. The free webinars are available for everyone to access.
- One on remote consultations (available in English, French and German - you need to click on the three vertical lines on the top right-hand corner of the video to select the language/version) -
- Finding and making sense of the literature.
Being updated on our coming webinars and CPD
If you want to stay informed on our webinar and courses provision, you can sign up to our newsletter.
Help us shape our programme
It is important to us that our CPD courses remain relevant and introduce new thinking and developments. We always welcome your feedback and suggestions and are also very happy to discuss tailored provision to meet the needs of groups of delegates.
If you would like to discuss some ideas with us please email firstname.lastname@example.org.