Introduction to Diagnostic Ultrasound in Musculoskeletal and Sports Medicine
Date: 10 May 2019
Course leader: Chris Myers
Cost: £164 - £205
About the course
The use of diagnostic ultrasound is growing rapidly and is an exciting area of musculoskeletal medicine. This course will offer an introduction to diagnostic ultrasound to osteopaths and other health care professionals.
This Introductory ultrasound course is accredited by The British Medical Ultrasound Society (BMUS), Faculty of Sports & Exercise Medicine (FSEM), Royal College of Radiologists (RCR), European Society of Musculoskeletal Radiology (ESSR) and the College of Radiographers.
The course leaders have been teaching the course for seven years and are experts in their field, so are well equipped in delivering the course.
This course is suitable for physiotherapists, sports doctors, orthopaedic surgeons, sonographers, GP's, osteopaths, chiropractors, rheumatologists and radiologists from the UK and all over the world.
- The role of diagnostic ultrasound in clinical practice and when can change clinical decision making
- How to integrate this into your practice safely and effectively
- Advantages and disadvantages of diagnostic ultrasound
- Competency and medico-legal issues
- Current learning pathways in the UK
- Limitation of orthopedic (special tests) and current clinical assessment/practice
- Machine – basic physics, artefacts, image optimization and normal anatomy (tendon, ligament, bone, muscle and nerve)
- Demonstration – Knee
- Practical workshop – Knee
- Demonstration – Ankle
- Practical workshop – Ankle
- Demonstration – Shoulder
- Practical workshop – Shoulder
- What’s next? Future learning
Please note this is an introduction only so there is not enough time to cover all aspects of each joint.
All equipment needed for the course will be provided by the UCO and course tutors.
About the course leader
Chris Myers is a Chartered Physiotherapist, Registered Osteopath & MSK Sonographer.
Chris is a highly experienced and specialised physiotherapist & osteopath in musculoskeletal medicine and sports injuries. He currently splits his time between elite sport and at Complete Physio (Bury Street & Chelsea clinics).
The UCO regrets that no refunds can be made for cancelled places unless a substitute participant can be found. The UCO cannot guarantee that any course will run. In the event of your course being cancelled, all paid fees and deposits will be refunded in full.