The current Coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic has required the health sector to adapt rapidly. Osteopaths and other musculoskeletal specialists face difficult challenges in these times of social distancing and minimal physical contact. There is a rapidly growing demand for musculoskeletal professionals to develop the skills to remotely assess and manage their patients.
In order to help the UCO is facilitating a free series of webinars for osteopaths and other musculoskeletal professionals.
These free webinars have been developed in collaboration by David Hohenschurz-Schmidt, University College of Osteopathy (UCO) alumnus and currently sponsored PhD student at Imperial College, with Dr Jerry Draper-Rodi, Head of Continuing Professional Development and Senior Research Fellow at the UCO, and Andrew Terry, UCO alumnus.
The content is supported and peer-reviewed by a range of colleagues from osteopathy and other disciplines and include.
- Dr Whitney Scott, Lecturer in Clinical Health Psychology, King's College London & Clinical Psychologist and Research Lead INPUT Pain Management Unit, Guy's & St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust
- Steven Vogel, Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research), University College of Osteopathy & Editor in Chief of The International Journal of Osteopathic Medicine
- Dr Joe Wherton, Senior Researcher, Interdisciplinary Research in Health Sciences (IRIHS), University of Oxford
- Prof Brian McKinstry, Professor of Primary Care E-Health, Usher Institute of Population Health Sciences and Informatics, Edingburgh
- David Hohenschurz-Schmidt, M.Ost, MSc, PhD Student at Pain Research Group Prof Andrew Rice, Dept of Surgery and Cancer, Imperial College London
- Dr Jerry Draper-Rodi, Head of CPD & Senior Research Fellow, University College of Osteopathy
- Georgios Christopoulos, Bsc (Hons) Physiotherapy MSc Neuromusculoskeletal Care, MCSP, Lead First Contract Practitioner
- Andrew Terry, M.Ost, Principal Osteopath, AT Health
- Charlie Park, MCSP, HCPC registered Physiotherapist, IPRS Health Triage Team Lead
- Nicky Butler, CSP, HCPC, MSK Physiotherapist, Outpatient Lead, Glasgow
The live sessions are complete but you can catch up for free using the recordings on our YouTube Playlist.
Please note additional videos in the series can be accessed using the at the top of the following YouTube Player.
Webinar Presentations Notes and Slides
You are free to download these to support your learning.