Title: WEBINAR - Tricky tendons - applying evidence-based home exercise
Date: 17 June 2020
Time: 19:30 - 20:30
Course leader: Andrew MacMillan
About the course
This course is a discussion of evidence-based exercise prescription for common tendon pathologies and a concise update on the key areas within the research literature. It will equip delegates with the skills and confidence to prescribe exercises personalised to individual patient requirements.
- Design a rehabilitation plan for tendinopathy, with consideration of the underpinning pathophysiology.
- Highlight key features of the current evidence regarding tendinopathy management.
- Comfortably explain the tendinopathy continuum.
- Confidently prescribe exercises to a patient
- Be familiar with the evidence and rational for exercise for pain.
About the course leader
Andrew MacMillan is the unit leader for research and enquiry at the UCO and delivers the exercise rehabilitation module at the LSO. He has over 10 years’ experience of exercise prescription and sports rehabilitation, working with a broad range of patients from professional athletes and military personnel to specialist paediatrics. Andrew is an engaging speaker who integrates best research evidence with practical clinical practice tips.